Sci-fi and futuristic themes have been often adopted by the creatives. It is always clever to promote the product as if it is the key, that opens the gate to the future. Especially if the companies like Garmin, Droid X, Playstation or Apple present the latest technologies. Check this list of ads filled with imagination and humor.
10. Garmin, by Fallon. A giant map monster, a hero and a rock show make one great commercial.
9. FedEx, by BBDO, New York. Funny ad about the company’s office on the Moon.
8. Apple, by TBWA\Chiat\Day Los Angeles. HAL from “2001: A Space Odyssey” had a good news in the late 1999: that Macintosh would save the world.
7. Heineken commercial makes a funny sci-fi ad about a bar on Mars.
6. Rexona, Lowe New York. That is the future man – the one who fights robots and still manages to smell good.
5. Droid X, by McGarryBowen. Futuristic ad for a smartphone.
4. Budweiser, by Africa São Paulo. The amusing video depicts future entertainment and features Will.i.am.
3. Guinness, by Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO. Directed by Jonathan Glazer, the beautiful ad became classic.
2. Playstation, directed by David Lynch. The surreal video is an amazing work of art.
1. Apple, by Chiat\Day Los Angeles, directed by Ridley Scott. The ad depicts how Apple has introduced itself to the world by defeating Big Brother. The video is classic and even has its own page on Wikipedia.