2012 is coming to an end and we are excited to present 10 commercials, that we think deserve to be mentioned one more time. The tendency is clear and pleasing: advertisers create ads not for the masses anymore. They aim at the individuals. Therefore, the commercials become more creative, original and appealing.
Check out the list, comment and enjoy!
10. Drambuie, by Sell! Sell!, London. Amazing surreal tail can be watched again and again.
9. Toyota, Saatchi & Saatchi, New Zealand. The cute kitty cannot get enough of Toyota and has already become the favorite face of the brand.
8. Midttraffik, by Midttrafik Kommunikation. The public transport is highly desirable in Denmark. See the ad and you will find out why.
7. Nike, Wieden + Kennedy, Portland. The jogger knows that greatness is for everyone. Not for a chosen few. The campaign was released during the Olympics.
6. Carlton Draught, by Clemenger BBDO Melbourne. “Beer Chase” is so entertaining! It became an online success instantly.
5. Chevrolet, by Goodby Silverstein & Partners. Best gift ever is Chevy. Best Chevy’s ad ever.
4. TNT, by Duval Guillaume Modem. The statistics: almost 40 million views on YouTube and 4,352,283 shares. Impressive and eloquent.
3. Widerøe Airlines, by McCann, Oslo. Probably the most beautiful and sincere ad. The simplicity works wonders.
2. Red Bull, Riedel Communications, FlightLine Films. Stratos project, featuring Felix Baumgartner. The brand deserves respect for the exciting investment in exploring the world, rather than simply promoting itself.
1. The Guardian, BBH, London. Our favorite ad this year is a modern tail about a twisted reality and open journalism, which uncovers it all. Great job!